Have you ever considered what would happen if you get paid for a maternity leave? If yes, then it is quite possible that you never came across the right options that can help you do the same. If you are also in a similar dilemma, then you must definitely look forward to the disability insurance and use it to get paid during a maternity leave. This kind of an insurance would not only be providing regular income to you, but would also be taking care of any complications arising thereof. There are only a few employers around who would actually be providing this kind of benefits to their employees. Those who do, get it in the name of paid maternity benefits, voluntary options and even funds group short term disability insurance.
However, a majority of woman do not get this safety cushioning and they have to get a pay-less maternity leave. In such a case, it can be actually be quite problematic and you would have to face many issues related to it. Obviously, getting pregnant means more visits to the doctor and you have to be more careful about your own and your baby’s health. Therefore, you must shop around for the maternity leave disability insurance. When you get this kind of an insurance, the costs of getting a normal delivery and related expenses can be much higher than the premium that you have paid. Thus, you would anyway be benefitting with this kind of an insurance policy. In addition, you would also be getting protection against pregnancy complications, illness or any accident during this period.
This kind of covers are really very beneficial, but are also very hard to find. You would generally be getting insurance coverage for a normal delivery only. However, you can add on more features and get a coverage for a C-section as well. If you have any complication in delivery or there are postpartum disorders, then additional benefits can also be obtained by the mothers. As most couples plan a pregnancy, this kind of an insurance is always quite a huge loss to the insurance providers. Therefore, there are no policies that provide direct maternity benefits. Group insurance and voluntary basis policies are the general rule for this kind of policy. Therefore, you must talk first to your employer and later to an insurance service provider about what they can provide in case of pregnancy. As they would be losing some money on virtually every policy, you would need only a little convincing.
Bullion trading has been in the news for quite some time now. There are gold bullions around that have been loved and hated equally by the investors in the market. However, you must know that there is a different kind of metal bullion that you can invest in. It is called the silver bullion. Investing in silver could be one of the best decisions you could be making in order to protect your investment, get long term returns and also beat inflation. There are three reasons why you need to invest in silver bullion now. They are explained below.
- Store of value- inflation is the ugly truth of every economy and occurs very frequently. In fact, you can call inflation unavoidable. The prices for many things would rise and many more assets would start to lose their value, in full or in part, in the upcoming years. It is quite common to see that the price of silver is generally calculated in the U.S. Dollars. In case inflation hits, the value of the U.S. Dollar would fall. This would mean that in relation to the other currencies, the value of silver would rise up. Therefore, silver would definitely have more value in the global economy and it would be able to give results no matter what.
- Inflation protection- the best part about investing in silver is that it protects your investments. It is a good measure to protect yourself against any kind of inflation. The inflation is relatively mild at this time. However, there is no guarantee that it would not be hitting the double digit soon. Therefore, there would definitely be a time when the investor would start to panic in making any investments in metal. This would first be affecting gold and then silver. This would be helping in the rise of silver bullion value all over the world. The value of all the total silver bullion in the world is very small compared to the gold bullion in the world. With the rise in inflation, more investors would be leaving gold behind and adopting silver. Therefore, buying silver bullion today would mean more value when the inflation rises.
- Insurance- in case you wish to get some insurance against any kind of economic calamity, then you must only invest in silver. In case the hyperinflation strikes, the other kind of investors would be suffering from loss but silver would be shining high.
While you are purchasing a Medigap policy, you need to be a little more aware than the other kinds of health insurance. This is so because Medigap is not your usual health insurance. It is generally talked about in relation to the Medicare policy that is being provided to you by the federal government. There are a host of Medigap policies that you can think about. There are many plans ranging from Plan A to Plan N. However, before you start to think about getting a Medigap policy for yourself, you need to be familiar with a few terms that are used frequently in this sector of insurance.
- Medicare- this is the federal social health plan for all the citizens who have attained the age of 65 years and have retired. This plan is very basic in nature and it divided into four parts, called Medicare Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D. Part A and Part B are dedicated to in-patient and out-patient care respectively. Together they are called the Original Medicare policy. You also get Part C that is known as the Medicare Advantage Plan. This plan provides a very comprehensive coverage to the people and often covers the pointers of Part A, B and D. Some of the services covered by the Medicare Advantage Plan cannot even be found with the Medicare Supplement policies. Therefore, it makes for a very powerful plan. The final part is called Part D that is used for providing coverage for prescription drugs only. In general, you should be getting any of the Medicare policies as soon as you reach the age of 65.
- Medigap- the Medigap policies are also known as Medicare Supplement Policies. These policies are known to fill in the gaps between your Medicare coverage and you real medical bills. You would be finding many different plans under this policy. There are 14 different plans named as Plans A to N. Every single plan has a different kind of coverage option. Though this is a coverage provided by the private insurance companies, its provisions are governed directly by the government. As a result of this, all the policies are same with all the insurance providers. In short, Plan A in New York would be the same as Plan A in Texas or New Mexico. However, there can be many price differences in the same.
- Medicaid- this kind of an additional coverage in health insurance is reserved for the lower income groups. As per the rules, you can be qualifying for and being covered by both Medicaid and Medicare at the same time. However, qualification for Medicaid is very difficult and you would not be able to get it unless you are living in extreme poverty.
- Open Enrollment Period- this is a six month window that opens as soon as you turn 65 years of age. The Open Enrollment period is a very crucial phase in the Medigap sector. When you have enrolled for Original Medicare, you can enroll for Medigap as well. In this period, no company has the right to deny you insurance coverage on the basis of your previous medical status. That is why you must try to make the best of this period and ensure that you chose your preferred policy and provider within these 6 months only.
- Pre-existing condition- a pre-existing condition refers to any health issues that you have suffered from and have taken treatment for. If you got for any general insurance policy, you would be required to file for this pre-existing condition and the insurance company would be checking your medical records for the preceding 6 to 18 months in order to look for any such condition. You can be denied coverage if you are suffering from any such condition. However, when you are in your Open Enrollment Period or when you have Guaranteed Issue Rights, the companies cannot deny you coverage as per law.
- Guaranteed Issue Rights- these rights are provided to people who were previously subscribed to Medicare Advantage Policy or Medicare Plan C. It also extends of the people who were previously enrolled for the Medicare SELECT plan. Under special circumstances, like your previous insurance company going bankrupt, you moving out of the service area or the coverage not being provided in your area anymore, you would be eligible for the Guaranteed Issue Rights. As per these, you cannot be denied coverage by any insurance policy, even if you certain pre-existing conditions. They cannot even charge a higher premium from on this basis. Plus, you don’t have to provide a medical underwriting for getting a new coverage.
- Guaranteed Renewable- your Medigap policy bought after 1992 is always a guaranteed renewable policy. This means that as long as you keep paying your premium, the insurance company would have to renew your policy year by year.
With the dawn of technology, the cyber world has become huge like never before. In fact, the internet has become a part and parcel of our lives, and life without it just cannot be imagined. The best thing is that now you can get information on anything with just a click and this includes information about insurance coverage too.
Gone are the days when people were required to meet insurers in person or talk to them over phone to get the insurance quotes. Thanks to the internet! Now you can search for various insurance providers nearby your area without any hassle. In fact, all you need to have is an internet connection and you can find the right home and auto insurance from the comfort of your home.
Begin by searching online for different companies providing insurance. You will come across a number of companies and their websites. On each website, the respective companies will mention the quotes and other services that they offer. On the basis of this, the next step should be to shortlist few websites. It is worth noting here that the internet is a vast platform. One may often get confused or may not be able to make a sound decision when finding insurance companies. Some may even settle with a fraud insurer by mistake. Therefore, caution must be taken in this regard. Do not make an expensive purchase like home and auto insurance without completely checking the credibility of the insurance provider. Perhaps reading reviews of the companies, browsing through the testimonials or joining customer discussion forums can help avoid scams as well. Also, this will enable you to have an idea about the insurer.
After this, you need to compare quotes offered by different companies to know which one is the best deal for you. For that too, you can search for websites that provide the facility of comparing different insurance quotes. It will only take a few minutes to go through all this process.
Once you get the suitable insurance company, visit its website to have your quotes. They will ask you to fill in a questionnaire so as to customize the insurance as per your needs. After you are done with this, you will see all the discounts that you are entitled to. Simply select those discounts that you want. Many companies even allow visitors to have a live chat online with their insurance experts who are available to guide them in finding the right home and auto insurance.
It is imperative for every homeowner to have home insurance and for every automobile owner to have auto insurance. You may be well informed that these two kinds of insurance can be purchased in combination; however merely having this knowledge is not enough. What good will it do for you if you are not able to settle with the best home and auto insurance coverage?
By best insurance we mean that insurance which will suit your individual needs and which will save your money as well. Since individual needs are different, the choice of insurance plans will also differ. Therefore, what is best for your friend may not be an ideal choice for you. For this very reason, it is often advised to do some research on various deals on such an insurance coverage.
So, here are a few tips that will come handy in finding home and auto insurance that will work best for you.
- The multi-policy concession – It is very common for people to insure their car from ‘X’ company and insure their home from ‘Y’ company. However, what most of them are unaware of is that when both these are bought from the same company, they will be entitled to receive some great benefits. This is known as multi-policy concession.
- Shop around – It is always good to shop around first. In this way you can get information related to comparison quotes. You can also get different quotes by logging on to an insurance comparison website. As a result, you can ask for the various discounts available with your individual insurance coverage.
- Check the credibility – The reliability of the insurance provider must be known well in advance if you want to avoid facing problematic consequences later. You can consult other people who have previously bought insurance from the company, or you can check for reviews online too.
- Understand the insurance plan – Most importantly, make sure that you purchase the coverage only after understanding every aspect of the home and auto insurance policy. You must clearly know what is included and what is not. If you have any doubts, make it a point to clarify it with the insurer.
- Know the legal requirements – When you are purchasing insurance coverage, ensure that you are complying with the concerned legal requirements of your state. At the same time, you must also be aware of the minimum coverage that is mandatory to have under law.